I’m still not exactly sure what caused this bug, but I fixed it by being less clever.
Cleverly filed without a component or milestone set so as to confuse me, this bug seems to have been the result of trying to create thumbnails for files that evas can’t load. Fixing this in the thumbnailing daemon solved the problem. If you still experience slowness, delete your ~/.e/e/fileman/thumbnails.
A really infuriating bug because it wasn’t my bug. Evas sends spurious mouse-out events when mousing from icon label to icon image and it seems there’s nothing that can be done to prevent it. Now we do extra checks to see if the mouse is likely to actually be leaving the icon’s area.
Ah, another bug caused by improperly calling gettext in one place and not another, causing strcmp to fail. Being someone who speaks no other language, it’s difficult for me to fix these in any way other than randomly guessing.
This was a real bastard of a bug due to how terrible gadman is. I don’t even want to talk about it any more. It’s done, I’m done with it, have at it.
There were probably some other things that I fixed/improved/changed today, but I’m too tired to even remember what they were. I was also going to do another E17 snapshot, but it’s 4PM, and I’ve been at work for over 12 hours, so I’m going home.