Some time ago it was decided to clamp menu sizes to prevent them from becoming huge and causing texture corruption. The actual implementation of this was 1% successful and 99% total failure, causing a number of bugs which nobody noticed for a long while.
Apparently there was a separate border style for fileman which no theme supported and did nothing but unset border styles.
Other Improvements Today:
- Desktop gadgets in use when screen is rotated will no longer cause a crash
- Gadget popups on left/top oriented shelves will once again position correctly
- Rotating a screen while a shelf is autohiding no longer causes a crash
- Text in system action dialogs has been improved
- First-run wizard no longer displays Bulgarian flag for UK
- List items will properly unselect
- Shelf will show on startup once all gadgets have populated
- Various leaks plugged
- Desktop gadgets no longer duplicate themselves as often and cause even fewer crashes