Ah, Wednesday, that magical day which positions itself halfway through the week; sometimes it can be an impassable wall which blocks your view of the weekend, other times it’s the halfway point to a magical week being over. This Wednesday seems to be something altogether different.
Before even starting my workday, it came to my attention that Phoronix has been reporting EFL/E17 news quite inaccurately. I’ve made mention of this previously, but now it seems I must do so again to attempt to stem the flow of inaccuracies:
- LinuxCon EU is in BARCELONA. Prague is completely wrong, I don’t know where this is coming from.
- E17 is NOT in alpha. When it is, you will know by the sound of the sky falling
While I, and the community, appreciate the coverage, I’d rather have it be completely accurate.
After a confusing series of bug reports, I stumbled upon this vaguely intelligible one. The gist of it was that when you allow winlist to show windows from other screens, it shows windows from non-active desks even when the option to show windows from other desks is not enabled.
There have been some non-bug-related changes today.
- I improved the XDS support that I mentioned yesterday, and it’s now possible to drag files from applications into directories within an EFM window.
- Additionally, the mixer’s pulseaudio support should now properly switch its view when headphones are plugged/unplugged.
- I then spent the rest of the day working on DND with gadgets; the result is that you can now seamlessly drag gadgets from the shelf to the desktop. Note that this will look pretty bad if you have ARGB windows enabled in the engine settings.
- Lastly, EFM now saves your desktop’s directory. Enable desktop navigation, change directory, and it will be restored on subsequent uses. Currently only active for the first screen, may be enabled for all screens if there is a demand.